Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is perfect for entertaining a crowd or serving up a simple weekend brunch. Made with frozen hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, and three different types of cheese, this savory breakfast casserole can be made in advance and is designed to feed a crowd.
Keyword bacon, breakfast casserole, brunch
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Author Trish – Mom On Timeout
- 16 oz bacon diced (can also use ham, sausage, veggies, etc.)
- 1 onion diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce optional
- 4 cups frozen hash browns thawed
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 oz Swiss or Gruyere cheese shredded
- 16 oz small curd cottage cheese either 4% or 1% is fine
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- Add bacon to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until nice and crispy. Add onions and cook until translucent. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Add hash browns, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, bacon and onions.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Let casserole rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with snipped fresh chives if desired.